ITM is committed to providing safe and healthy working and learning environments and to protecting the health and safety of all its staff, temporary workers, students, visitors, members of the public and any other persons that could be affected by the Institute’s operations and activities.
The HSE policy applies to all parts of ITM’s constituent academic and administrative departments, schools, facilities and divisions within the Institute of Technology & Management. The policy also applies to:-
- All ITM employees and associated entities with ITM i.e. student placement work areas
- Contractors whilst undertaking, or engaged in, ITM activities where specified by contract
With a General Statement of Health and Safety Policy signed by the Rector of the institute for implementation which is delegated to Heads of Departments as appropriate, with Safety Committee`s duty to monitor implementation performed on its behalf by the Registrar.
ITM’s Health Safety and Environment Objectives are:
- To maintain and continually improve, as far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy working environment for all staff, students and visitors.
- To strive for continual improvement in safety, health and environmental performance, demonstrable by achieving and maintaining internationally recognised standards in safety, health and environmental management through strong, active and visible leadership from senior management
Arrangements in form of procedures are made to implement the policy.They include:
- Risk Assessment
- Health & Safety Training
- Accident / Near Miss report
- HSE Committee
- Permit To Work System
- Emergency Procedures
- Fire Drill & Fire Safety Management
- HSE Investigation & Audit
- Health (Occupational and practice based) Service etc.